Aptus Mineral CalMag
MINERAL-CALMAG is a 100% water-soluble additive containing necessary plant-available forms of nitrogen (N), calcium (Ca) and magnesium (Mg). This formulation has been designed to prevent common deficiencies while buffering your feed water when growing in soil-less mediums such as coco, perlite, rockwool, hydroton or recirculating systems and/or using filtered sources of water. MINERAL-CALMAG can be used throughout the entirety of the vegetative and flowering stages of growth.
APTUS BASE ‘liquid’ contains zero calcium and must be used in conjunction with either MASSBOOST OR MINERAL-CALMAG. Deciding which APTUS CALMAG to use (MASSBOOST or MINERAL-CALMAG) is largely dependent on your growing method.
MASSBOOST is an organo-mineral product which leads to organic biofilm build-up when kept in a nutrient reservoir for more than 2-3 days. While MINERAL-CALMAG is 100% mineral, super clean and will never spoil, MASSBOOSTcontains beneficial L-Amino Acids and is the CALMAG of choice for growers mixing fresh feed daily and can also be administered via foliar application. MINERAL-CALMAG has excellent pH stabilising capabilities and is the CALMAG of choice for growers running longer reservoirs and recirculating systems.
Through high-intensity irrigation methods often seen in modern indoor cultivation practices, coconut-fibre based planting mediums can become deficient of calcium (Ca) resulting in high levels of accumulated potassium (K) and sodium (Na). This excess of potassium (K) and sodium (Na) most often results
in antagonism and lockout, leading to deficiencies within the plant.
Due to the mixture of nutrients coming into the plant being fully optimised for healthy growth, allowances for varying excess of potassium (K) and sodium (Na) are not considered. Because of this, mineral antagonism occurs, preventing the uptake of magnesium (Mg), causing unhealthy growth and the appearance of deficiencies.
MINERAL-CALMAG replaces the calcium (Ca) ions
lost through constant irrigation, providing the buffering capabilities needed to prevent this antagonistic exchange.
• Concentrated and easy to use dilutions of just
0.4 ml – 1 ml per 1 litre
• Utilises the highest grade raw minerals available providing the absolute cleanest possible calcium & magnesium additive for your cultivation system
• Prevents coconut-fibre based planting mediums from becoming a source of nutritional imbalance, lending stability to your crops’ flowering stage
• Replaces the calcium (Ca) ions lost through constant irrigation that occurs during indoor cultivation practices
• Supplements magnesium (Mg) that is pushed away when excess potassium is present from imbalance
Shake well before use. If using FASiLITOR, ensure FASiLITOR is mixed first. Add MINERAL-CALMAG second, mix well, then add the remainder of your products.
In soil: Use once a week.
In coco/soil-less/hydro: Use in combination with APTUS BASE every watering.
Do not use any additional non-APTUS sources of phosphorus
• Nitrogen (N) – Crucial element in chlorophyll, crucial component of plant amino acids
• Calcium (Ca) – Integral structural element to plant cells
• Magnesium (Mg) – Central element in the formation of chlorophyll, source of photosynthetic activity, enzymatic process activator
• MINERAL-CALMAG is required when using APTUS BASE. If you use APTUS Liquid BASE, ensure you use MINERAL-CALMAG or MASSBOOST to avoid deficiencies. APTUS BASE contains zero calcium and must be used in conjunction with MINERAL-CALMAG or MASSBOOST.
• When mixing your nutrients, be careful to avoid adding phosphorus (P) supplements like PEAKBOOST directly onto MINERAL-CALMAG without mixing well. Always add and stir each product before adding
the next to minimise local fallout which can
decrease the quality of your nutrient mix.
• During weeks where a high number of products
are used, your available amount of nitrogen (N) can get high. If you are not using APTUS BASE, and are using a 2- or 3-part base nutrient, you may want to consider decreasing the part containing nitrogen by 10 – 20%.