Grodan Granulate 20kg
Grodan Rockwool is a mineral wool made from molten basalt and limestone rock that is spun into Rockwool like fibres and then compressed into cubes, blocks or slabs. Being made from natural rock, Grodan is a mineral based product used in hydroponic growing applications. Grodan Granulate 20kg is a bag of water absorbent granules of Rockwool. This product is extremely practical for using in hanging baskets, as a stand alone medium or even as a change from traditional potting mixes. The product is much cleaner to use than potting mixes, has a higher water holding capacity.
Grodan Granulate is an ultra-clean, sterile substrate for hydroponic production. Granulate rockwool can be effectively used in recirculating or run-to-waste systems and has a very high water holding capacity. Grodan Granulate is compressed into a 20kg bale, but makes around 140L of growing medium.
- Inert, sterile medium designed for horticulture
- Care should be taken when handling rockwool by wearing gloves and mask
- Suitable for a variety of hydroponic system designs
- Very high water holding capacity (retention)
- Can be mixed with other substrates to achieve desired moisture holding capacity.
- Perfect for large operations.